Nagahama City Certified Regional Interpreter Guides
As a network of professional tour guides, fluent in English and certified by the City of Nagahama, we offer an abundance of local knowledge, warm hospitality, and a deep interest in the various attractions that Nagahama has to offer from nature to local history, culture, and tradition. We look forward to sharing these with you, and helping you enjoy a special time during your stay!
For private or business, please feel free to contact us.
What makes a “Nagahama Certified Regional Interpreter Guide”?
Individuals who have been certified and registered as a local tour guide by meeting the required qualifications of the Japan Tourism Agency. They are familiar with local information such as history, geography, and culture unique to the region. Their area of certification is limited to Nagahama City.
We have a great network of talented guides. You may select a specific guide according to your travel interests, however, we can’t guarantee their availability due to their own individual schedules. But rest assured that all the guides are experts of our local sightseeing!
See our Guides page for more info on each member:
Guide Fee (per 1 Guide)
19,800 yen (up to 4 hrs) / 33,000 yen (up to 8 hrs)
- Price includes tax and handling fee.
- Expenses such as transportation, entrance fee/admission, and meals for yourself and a guide are required separately.
Max Guests (per 1 Guide)
- i.e. if you are a group of 20 people, you would need to hire 4 guides.
A reservation must be made at least 1 week in advance.
Bank Transfer: Please pay to the Nagahama Tourist Association’s designated bank account.
- Fee(s) for bank transfer must be paid by the customer.
Cash: Please pay to the guide directly on the date of the tour.
No cancellation fee is necessary in the case of severe weather or other dangerous circumstances when we recognize that we cannot secure the safety of guests. However, the following cancellation fees do apply for customers who cancel on their own reason:
- One week before the tour, 30 percent of the guiding fee.
- 6 to 3 days before the tour, 40 percent.
- 2 days and 1 day before the tour, 50 percent.
- Cancelling on the day of the tour, you are expected to pay 100 percent of the guiding fee.