Rent and wear a beautiful kimono and enjoy walking around the historic downtown area of Nagahama. We’ll visit plenty of interesting spots, perfect for shooting photos!
- Duration: 3 hours
- Route transportation: walking
- Meet a guide at JR Nagahama Station (East Entrance)
- Select and rent a kimono piece at Kimono Rental Yui (men’s kimonos also available)
- Enjoy a stroll through the historic district of downtown Nagahama
- Keiunkan Guesthouse: beautiful traditional tatami rooms and a Japanese garden from the Meiji Era
- Historic Funaitabei Area: enjoy exploring these streets full of unique historic architecture.
- Taketsune: visit a local kimono fabric maker producing “wana velvet.” Experience up close a level of craftsmanship that has been honed for over 400 years.
- Kurokabe Square Area: stroll around the iconic temple street which has appeared in Japanese film and television, and enjoy the retro charm of local storefronts while doing some shopping.
- Return kimono and dismiss at JR Nagahama Station